Sunday 7 May 2017

It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new blog for me....and I'm feeling good! (So watch out world!)

Just last night I posted some thoughts on the Facebook page Keeping Early Year Unique...a group of 30,000 Early year voices standing up for what REALLY matters in the Early Years of education. 

Within 2 hours over 500 of our members had liked and loved it. The comments were flooding in of people who realised they were not alone in what they believed.  It is the next morning now and over 700 stand with me, commenting, nodding their heads in agreement and yelling a resounding "YES" from their keyboard!

Now the problem with a Facebook post is that it can very quickly get lost in the world of posts, questions, debates, memes, surveys and photos...all of which are very important! So when someone asked me if I have a blog, I realised I have been missing a very simple point here.  I DO have a blog.  IT IS HERE!!! 

I have been viewing this blog as something extra and different, something I need to find time to do. It ISN'T'!  From this day on this blog is going to be a place where I will start sharing my most talked about posts..so that they can be accessed and shared more widely.

Is this a risk? Yes.  I am stepping out of the comfort zone of a 30k strong community who are on my page (quite literally) and bringing my straight from the heart musings to the world outside.  Some of whom will agree, and some of whom will not.  But for all those who may not agree, I hope there will be those people new to Keeping Early Years Unique who will find the reassurance, confidence and affirmation that so many of us have on that one little Facebook page! So get involved and watch this space! And to these people I say...WELCOME HOME!

Come and join the revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment